Sunday 15 January 2017

Die Cut Thanks

Morning Folks!

Today sees the start of the first challenge for 2017 over at Sparkles Monthly . Babs has choosen the theme of 

THANK YOU

Here's my card, the first card in ages without any stamping on it. I raided the scraps box for a bright assortment of colours and a piece of black stripey paper - possibly antique Doodlebug?? I put the cuttlebug into overdrive with nesties octagon dies. The black card surrounding the letters is recycled from some packaging and is actually quite shiny but not showing up too well in the photo ;-(
 The silver die cut letters were cut using a Tim Holtz Vintage Market Alphabet die. Have to admit, I thought this card was going to be quick to make but after all the die cutting and tricky lining up to assemble I think it would have been quicker to colour up a large stamp!!


Thanks for visiting today and for any comments you leave. I hope you can join us over at Sparkles this month!

I'd also like to enter a few challenges:
The Male Room - A/Goes
Pixies snippet's Playground - A/Goes with snippets
Crafty Creations  - A/Goes

9 comments:

  1. i love the stylish look...definitely worth all the diecutting, teamie!

    hugs and kisses from Germany
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this - so bright and perfect for the occasion and worth all the effort - more impact than a stamp I think : ) The vintage market strip is my favourite most used alphabet - it always looks fab hugs Judith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacky,
    Fabulous card, lovely design so bold and eye catching, definitely worth the time and effort!
    Hope 2017 is a great year for you and yours!
    hugs
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie all your die cutting has paid off, you have created a beautiful card and I love the hexagon shapes. Hope you have a lovely week.

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great thank you card! I love the contrasting vivid colours behind your text! Thank you for joining the January challenge of the Country View Challenges blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card and great use of snippets Jackie. Well worth all the work!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very modern and bold! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this - very bold, very clean and crisp. Sorry to be so late commenting, and thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes Challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cool card Jacky, very clever use of the snippets. I'll try to remember the design.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!