Wednesday 1 February 2017

Holly Jolly Christmas Box

Morning Folks!
I'm super excited to announce that I have joined the design team at SPARKLES CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE. As well as joining a lovely group of ladies, I'm hoping it might give me the push I need to use some of the neglected Christmas stash I buy AND to make a few cards before December!! Fingers crossed!!

The new challenge is just starting, we'd like to see you  
USE KRAFT
I bought a kit of kraft tags from a show before Christmas with great intentions to make decorated gift bags 

... time as usual ran away from me and they were still unopened so I decided to remedy that using this super cute mouse stamp. I've never been too happy with the results I get colouring with my usual promarkers on kraft so the old faithful coloured pencils got an airing too! 


As I finished the tag with some of the twine from the kit I had a light bulb moment. The bottom of the tag kit was a fab kraft coloured tray, so I made it a lid with some strong red card and added some stripey Christmas papers - and woohoo, a handy Crimbo gift box was made!


I added another piece of stripey paper inside to give some strength and also to hide the seams on the inside base. I've left the tag loose for the moment to make it easier to write on.


Details:
Stamp - Makey Bakey Mice - Holly Jolly Christmas
Coloured with WHSmith watercolour pencils
Papers - First Edition Vintage Noel
Dies - Nesties labels 4

Please click the piccy below to visit the main blog
and see the inspiration from the rest of the design team! You have a whole month to join us, we'd love to see what you make! 



Thank you so much for visiting today and for any comments you're kind enough to leave xx

I'd also like to enter the challenges at:

Use your stuff - animal theme
Crimbo Crackers - Something cute
CHNC - Anything Christmas
Christmas with the cuties - Christmas carols / songs 
= The night before Christmas (not a creature was stirring not even a mouse!!)
CHNPP - Use patterned paper
CHN Christmas Extra - Anything goes
ABC Christmas challenge - C for creature = mouse
D for dimension = box

19 comments:

  1. Well done on your new DT Jacky - fab tag, I just love your colouring. You could colour a tag a week and fill lovely boxes of tags as gifts! - that would get them all used up lol hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah absolutely delightful and beautifully coloured too, well done on your new DT position too, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning and your colouring of the image with WHSmith pencils looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the team lovely lady. Great idea making a kid for the box, decorating it and putting your beautiful tag on it. Fab colouring too.hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww, this is really lovely, beautiful colouring and perfect for Christmas with the cutie pies. Good luck!! Sarah :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jacky, So glad that you are a Sparkles Christmas DTer... and I just love this sweet tag and gift box! What a clever interpretation of the February kraft challenge and a great first Sparkles Christmas DT post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the team, and what a gorgeous first project, I absolutely love it.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Sparkles Christmas teamie, your box really is beautiful and such a cute little mouse, so adorable and coloured so beautifully too.

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the team Jackie and I love your project, such a cute teddie and a lovely box. I love to colour with pencils too, see to get on better with them than pro markers etc

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just too cute! I love how it looks with the Kraft tag in the background. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Use Your Stuff this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable image! Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your image! Such a beautiful creation. Thanks for playing along at Use Your Stuff!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. wooooowww, so sweet tag and beautiful job in the box

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely tag with such a cute image and what a great idea to make the packaging into a gift box. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Christmas with the Cuties, good luck.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your little gift box. Perfect colors and pattern and your sweet graphic is the perfect touch. Very nice job. Note: if you get more than one comment from me....I apologize, the internet was not playing nice.... Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet image for a lovely gift box. Thank you so much for joining us over at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Chrissyxx
    Congratulations on your DT spot. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute - love the colouring on kraft!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your little mouse :) Thank you very much for joining our challenge at Craftyhazlnut's Patterned Paper Challenges.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!